Armories--North Carolina. Alamance Armory

The Alamance Armory was a weapons manufacturing shop in Guilford County, North Carolina, operated by Clapp, Gates & Company, from 1862 to 1864. Also called Cedar Hill Foundry, it was located approximately four miles south of Gibsonville, and eleven miles east of Greensboro, along the Little Alamance River. (Carole Watterson Troxler, “Scalawags Among Us: Alamance County Among the ‘Other Souths,’” Journal of Backcountry Studies, 4; H. Michael Madaus, “North Carolina Rifle Contracts of the Civil War,” American Society of Arms Collectors Bulletin, 54: 47)

Read more about Armories--North Carolina. Alamance Armory at https://libjournal.uncg.edu/index.php/jbc/article/viewFile/29/18