Telegraph Companies--South-Western Telegraph Company (Jackson, Miss.)

Located in Jackson, Mississippi, the South-Western Telegraph Company (also known as the New Orleans & Ohio Telegraph Lessees and Southwestern Telegraph Company) was established by an act of the legislature on February 3, 1860. The South-Western Telegraph Company was one of the primary providers of telegraphy services in the southern Mississippi Valley and the Southwest and had many locations throughout that area. (Robert Harding and Alison Oswald, "Guide to the Western Union Telegraph Company Records," 4; Weekly Mississippian, February 8, 1860)

Read more about Telegraph Companies--South-Western Telegraph Company (Jackson, Miss.) at https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn84024323/1860-02-08/ed-1/seq-2/#date1=1756&index=0&rows=20&words=Company+South+Telegraph+western&searchType=basic&sequence=0&state=Mississippi&date2=1880&proxtext=south-western+telegraph+company&y=0&x=0&dateFilter